Deliveries, Freight Elevator, and Loading Dock
All large deliveries of furniture, equipment, or material should be scheduled with the Building Management Office.
Deliveries to and from the Premises shall be made only at the times, in the areas, and through the entrances and exits reasonably designated by Landlord. Tenant shall not make deliveries to or from the Premises in a manner that might interfere with the use by any other tenant of its premises or of the Common Areas, any pedestrian use, or any use, which is inconsistent with good business practice.
Hours and Access
Please have all deliveries made through the loading dock. To avoid delays, we have found it helpful to notify vendors of loading dock procedures in advance.
- All deliveries must be scheduled through the Building Management Office by calling 213 614 2300.
- Freight elevator access available with pre-scheduled request for no-hand carried deliveries.
- Two and four wheel dollies, carts, and conveyors may not be taken in the passenger elevators. Only hand-held packages may be transported in passenger elevators during normal business hours.
- 30-minute parking available with pre-scheduled request, as available.
Tenants requiring the use of four-wheeled carts for their mail deliveries must use the freight elevator.
Schedule preferably before 6:00 a.m. All major deliveries must be scheduled with the Building Management Office at least 2 business days in advance. For office move in or out information, please see section 7 for more details.
Note: The dock cannot admit trucks over 12 feet 6 inches high.
Policies and Procedures: Dock and Freight Elevator Requirements
The following dock and freight elevator rules must be adhered to by all companies accessing our property. Our staff will ask any company that does not abide by these rules to leave the property.
- The dock cannot admit trucks over 12 feet 6” high.
- Due to the limited number of parking spaces, the dock is only used for loading and unloading. Please make sure your team understands these spaces cannot be used for vehicle parking.
- If you require dock access, it should be scheduled in advance through the Building Management Office. To obtain dock clearance, the company you are doing work for must call our office or place an authorization request in our online visitor access system and have you placed on our daily clearance list. All loading and unloading for major moves must be scheduled with the Building Management Office.
- Work commencing after hours requires the lead person to check in with a security officer upon arrival and departure of Aon Center at 707 Wilshire. The company must provide the name of the lead person on the crew and a telephone number.
- Access to the office tower is limited to the freight elevator.
- You must leave room for others to get on and off the elevator as needed. If multiple parties are using the freight elevator, you cannot take up more than 1/2 of the freight elevator at any given time. In the evenings Monday through Friday you will be sharing the freight elevator with our janitorial crew.
- The freight elevator should never be held for extended periods of time. All items that need to be relocated should be near the freight elevator and ready to be loaded when the elevator is called to your floor.
- Construction and moving companies must place Masonite on the floor from the freight elevator to the tenant space. The Masonite will remain on the floor until the project is complete. Please use masking tape to secure the Masonite and eliminate tripping hazards. In addition, care should be exercised to ensure all walls and corners are protected.
Loading Dock access hours are Monday through Friday 4:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Freight access is available on first come first served basis during these hours.
During normal dock operating hours delivery vehicles will be provided 30 minutes of dock parking for loading/unloading. Vehicles that can fit in the valet public parking area are required to park their vehicle on the LL2 level after unloading. Vehicles that are left over 30 minutes on the dock are subject to towing and/or the loss of future loading dock access privileges.
For deliveries taking over 30 minutes to complete, elevator reservations must be made with the Building Management Office.
After hour reservations for freight and dock access are required.
Please refer to the Rate Sheet for current freight elevator charges. If the delivery or construction activity only requires use of a service elevator “once up and once down” then the regularly scheduled security staff will provide this service.
We invite you to learn how to implement your own emergency preparedness plans by using the resources from our PREP website.
LIFE SAFETY & SECURITY
Become familiar with the life safety information specific to your building and location. Sign in to Allied Universal to view the multimedia presentation that will help you in a crisis event.