General Building Rules and Regulations
Shorenstein strives to create the most positive environment possible for you and your employees. In order to maintain the positive business environment and minimize the interference by others, we anticipate your cooperation in observing the following Rules and Regulations prescribed by the Landlord.
Please note that the term 'Tenant’ as used in these Rules and Regulations includes its officers, agents, servants, employees, licensees, and invitees.
707 WILSHIRE RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. No sign, placard, picture, advertisement, name or notice shall be inscribed, displayed or printed or affixed on or to any part of the outside or inside of the Building or any part of the Premises visible from the exterior of the Premises without the prior written consent of Landlord, which consent may be withheld in Landlord's sole discretion. Landlord shall have the right to remove, at Tenant's expense and without notice to Tenant, any such sign, placard, picture, advertisement, name or notice that has not been approved by Landlord.
If Landlord notifies Tenant in writing that Landlord objects to any curtains, blinds, shades or screens attached to or hung in or used in connection with any window or door of the Premises, such use of such curtains, blinds, shades or screens shall be removed immediately by Tenant. No awning shall be permitted on any part of the Premises.
2. No ice, drinking water, towel, barbering or boot blacking, shoe shining or repair services, or other similar services shall be provided to the Premises, except from persons authorized by Landlord and at the hours and under regulations fixed by Landlord.
3. The bulletin board or directory of the Building will be provided exclusively for the display of the name and location of tenants only and Landlord reserves the right to exclude any other names therefrom.
4. The sidewalks, halls, passages, exits, entrances, elevators and stairways shall not be obstructed by any of the Tenant Parties or used by Tenant for any purpose other than for ingress to and egress from its Premises. The halls, passages, exits, entrances, elevators, stairways, balconies and roof are not for the use of the general public and Landlord shall in all cases retain the right to control and prevent access thereto by all persons whose presence in the judgment of Landlord shall be prejudicial to the safety, character, reputation and interests of the Building and its tenants. No tenant and no employees or invitees of any tenant shall go upon the roof of the Building.
5. Tenant shall not alter any lock or install any new or additional locks or any bolts on any interior or exterior door of the Premises without the prior written consent of Landlord. purpose other than that for which they were constructed and no foreign substance of any kind whatsoever shall be thrown therein and the expense of any breakage, stoppage or damage resulting from the violation of this rule shall be borne by the tenant who, or whose employees or invitees, shall have caused it.
6. The toilet rooms, toilets, urinals, wash bowls and other apparatus shall not be used for any purpose other than that for which they were constructed and no foreign substance of any kind whatsoever shall be thrown therein and the expense of any breakage, stoppage or damage resulting from the violation of this rule shall be borne by the tenant who, or whose employees or invitees, shall have caused it.
7. Tenant shall not overload the floor of the Premises or mark, drive nails, screw or drill into the partitions, woodwork or plaster or in any way deface the Premises or any part thereof.
8. No furniture, freight or equipment of any kind shall be brought into the Building without the consent of Landlord and all moving of the same into or out of the Building shall be done at such time and in such manner as Landlord shall designate. Landlord shall have the right to prescribe the weight, size and position of all safes and other heavy equipment brought into the Building and also the times and manner of moving the same in and out of the Building. Safes or other heavy objects shall, if considered necessary by Landlord, stand on a platform of such thickness as is necessary to properly distribute the weight. Landlord will not be responsible for loss of or damage to any such safe or properly from any cause, and all damage done to the Building by moving or maintaining any such safe or other property shall be repaired at the expense of Tenant. The elevator designated for freight by Landlord shall be available for use by all tenants in the Building during the hours and pursuant to such procedures as
Landlord may determine from time to time. The persons employed to move Tenant's equipment, material, furniture or other property in or out of the Building must be acceptable to Landlord. The moving company must be a locally recognized professional mover, whose primary business is the performing of relocation services, and must be bonded and fully insured. In no event shall Tenant employ any person or company whose presence may give rise to a labor or other disturbance in the Real Property. A certificate or other verification of such insurance must be received and approved by Landlord prior to the start of any moving operations. Insurance must be sufficient in Landlord's sole opinion, to cover all personal liability, theft or damage to the Real Property, including, but not limited to, floor coverings, doors, walls, elevators, stairs, foliage and landscaping. Special care must be taken to prevent damage to foliage and landscaping during adverse weather. All moving operations shall be conducted at such times and in such a manner as Landlord shall direct, and all moving shall take place during non-business hours unless Landlord agrees in writing otherwise.
9. Tenant shall not employ any person or persons other than the janitor of Landlord for the purpose of cleaning the Premises, unless otherwise agreed to by Landlord. Except with the written consent of Landlord, no person or persons other than those approved by Landlord shall be permitted to enter the Building for the purpose of cleaning the Building or the Premises. Tenant shall not cause any unnecessary labor by reason of Tenant's carelessness or indifference in the preservation of good order and cleanliness.
10. Tenant shall not use, keep or permit to be used or kept any foul or noxious gas or substance in the Premises, or permit or suffer the Premises to be occupied or used in a manner offensive or objectionable to Landlord or other occupants of the Building by reason of noise, odors and/or vibrations, or interfere in any way with other tenants or those having business therein, nor shall any animals or birds be brought in or kept in or about the Premises or the Building. In no event shall Tenant keep, use, or permit to be used in the Premises or the Building any guns, firearm, explosive devices or ammunition. Except in areas designated by Landlord, Tenant may not bring any bicycles or other vehicles onto the Building or the Real Property.
11. No cooking shall be done or permitted by Tenant in the Premises, nor shall the Premises be used for the storage of merchandise, for washing clothes, for lodging, or for any improper, objectionable or immoral purposes. Notwithstanding the foregoing, however, Tenant may maintain and use microwave ovens and equipment for brewing coffee, tea, hot chocolate and similar beverages, provided that Tenant shall (i) prevent the emission of any food or cooking odor from leaving the Premises, (ii) be solely responsible for cleaning the areas where such equipment is located and removing food-related waste from the Premises and the Building, or shall pay Landlord's standard rate for such service as an addition to cleaning services ordinarily provided, (iii) maintain and use such areas solely for Tenant's employees and business invitees, not as public facilities, and (iv) keep the Premises free of vermin and other pest infestation and shall exterminate, as needed, in a manner and through contractors reasonably approved by Landlord, preventing any emission of odors, due to extermination, from leaving the Premises. Notwithstanding clause (ii) above, Landlord shall, without special charge, empty and remove the contents of one ( 1) 1 5-gallon (or smaller) waste container from the food preparation area so long as such container is fully lined with, and the contents can be removed in, a waterproof plastic liner or bag, supplied by Tenant, which will prevent any leakage of food related waste or odors; provided, however, that if at any time Landlord must pay a premium or special charge to Landlord's cleaning or scavenger contractors for the handling of food-related or so-called "wet" refuse, Landlord's obligation to provide such removal, without special charge, shall cease.
12. Tenant shall not use or keep in the Premises or the Building any kerosene, gasoline, or inflammable or combustible fluid or material, or use any method of heating or air conditioning other than that supplied by Landlord.
13. Landlord will direct electricians as to where and how telephone and telecommunications wiring is to be introduced into the Premises and the Building. No boring or cutting for wires will be allowed without the prior consent of Landlord. The location of telephones, call boxes and other office equipment affixed to the Premises shall be subject to the prior approval of Landlord.
14. Upon the expiration or earlier termination of the Lease, Tenant shall deliver to Landlord the keys of offices, rooms and toilet rooms which have been furnished by Landlord to Tenant and any copies of such keys which Tenant has made. In the event Tenant has lost any keys furnished by Landlord, Tenant shall pay Landlord for such keys.
15. Tenant shall not lay linoleum, tile, carpet or other similar floor covering so that the same shall be affixed to the floor of the Premises, except to the extent and in the manner approved in advance by Landlord. The expense of repairing any damage resulting from a violation of this rule or removal of any floor covering shall be borne by the tenant by whom, or by whose contractors, employees or invitees, the damage shall have been caused.
16. No furniture, packages, supplies, equipment or merchandise will be received in the Building or carried up or down in the elevators, except between such hours and in such elevators as shall be designated by Landlord, which elevator usage shall be subject to the Building's customary charge therefor as established from time to time by Landlord.
17. At all times other than Building Hours, access to the Building, or to the halls, corridors, elevators or stairways in the Building, or to the Premises may be refused unless the person seeking access is known to the person or employee of the Building in charge and has a pass or is properly identified. Landlord shall in no case be liable for damages for any error with regard to the admission to or exclusion from the Building of any person. In case of invasion, mob, riot, public excitement, or other commotion, Landlord reserves the right to prevent access to the Building during the continuance of the same by closing the doors or otherwise, for the safety of the tenants and protection of property in the Building.
18. Tenant shall be responsible for insuring that the doors of the Premises are closed and securely locked before leaving the Building and must observe strict care and caution that all water faucets or water apparatus are entirely shut off before Tenant or Tenant's employees leave the Building, and that all electricity, gas or air shall likewise be carefully shut off, so as to prevent waste or damage, and for any default or carelessness Tenant shall make good all injuries sustained by other tenants or occupants of the Building or Landlord. Landlord shall not be responsible to Tenant for loss of property on the Premises, however occurring, or for any damage to the properly of Tenant caused by the employees or independent contractors of landlord or by any other person.
19. Landlord reserves the right to exclude or expel from the Building any person who, in the judgment of Landlord, is intoxicated or under the influence of liquor or drugs, or who shall in any manner do any act in violation of any of the rules and regulations of the Building.
20. The requirements of any tenant will be attended to only upon application at the office of the Building. Employees of Landlord shall not perform any work or do anything outside of their regular duties unless under special instructions from Landlord, and no employee will admit any person (tenant or otherwise) to any office without specific instructions from Landlord.
21. No vending machine or machines of any description shall be installed, maintained or operated upon the Premises without the prior written consent of Landlord.
22. Subject to Tenant's right of access to the Premises in accordance with Building security procedures, Landlord reserves the right to close and keep locked all entrance and exit doors of the Building outside of Building Hours, and during such further hours as Landlord may deem advisable for the adequate protection of the Building and the property of its tenants.
23. Tenant hereby acknowledges that Landlord shall have no obligation to provide guard service or other security measures for the benefit of the Premises, the Building or the Real Property.
24. Tenant, its employees and agents shall not loiter in or on the entrances, corridors, sidewalks, lobbies, courts, halls, stairways, elevators, vestibules or any Common Areas for the purpose of smoking tobacco products, nor in any way obstruct such areas.
We invite you to learn how to implement your own emergency preparedness plans by using the resources from our PREP website.
LIFE SAFETY & SECURITY
Become familiar with the life safety information specific to your building and location. Sign in to Allied Universal to view the multimedia presentation that will help you in a crisis event.