As the weather cools and it gets dark earlier, it is wise to brush up on a few important personal safety tips to remember while being out:
- If you are carrying a wallet, keep it in a front pocket.
- Be sure to walk in well-lit, highly-traveled streets, even during daytime hours. Never take shortcuts through parking lots or alleys.
- If walking on a sidewalk near a street, always walk facing the traffic to avoid being surprised by someone in a vehicle.
- Avoid talking on your cell phone or listening to headphones.
- Program 9-1-1 into your direct dial feature of your cell phone.